whats wrong with my duck ?

Thank you for the help. Do you think it is just dehydration ? She seems to be drinking the water in the tub. She hard been laying eggs but I'm not sure how recently. She has another female and male she lives with. The other female has been sitting on eggs for a couple of weeks now. They both laid a lot of eggs before she started to sit. Do you know how long she will sit if the eggs don't hatch? Back to the one in the bathroom...how can I get her to eat? Can she swallow with her head hanging down like that?

Thank you for the help. Do you think it is just dehydration ? She seems to be drinking the water in the tub. She hard been laying eggs but I'm not sure how recently. She has another female and male she lives with. The other female has been sitting on eggs for a couple of weeks now. They both laid a lot of eggs before she started to sit. Do you know how long she will sit if the eggs don't hatch? Back to the one in the bathroom...how can I get her to eat? Can she swallow with her head hanging down like that?
You will probably have to support her head to get her to drink.

If you can get some poultry Nutri-Drench, and put it in drinking water for her, that will give some calories and a few vitamins.

She may have a spinal injury - sometimes ducks can recover from severe injury, it just takes a little while. TLC, lukewarm bath time (supervised, as you are doing) can help restore muscles and circulation.

Take a good look at her - vent, under the wings, belly - any signs of injury? She possibly took a tussle with something.

Thank you for your advice. For now she is staying about the same. No improvement. I will stick with her and pray for improvement.

I will join in that prayer.

hugs.gif

My duck is doing better. Tonight I went into the bathroom and she was standing up and was holding her head up! She has only been eating grapes and a few bites of duck food. But she is drinking plenty of water. Thank you all for the help and concern.

Back
Top Bottom