what's wrong with my girl

ahmadeido

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 30, 2014
I have a question for you about one of my chickens, she's actually my favorite :( . for the last three days she has been lethargic, not eating as much, she will pick at the food and eat a little bit but she doesn't eat like she used to, and she will stand in one place and close her eyes slowly and buff her feathers; she also has been digging in the ground and sits in the hole. I was wondering what do you think is wrong with her? I'm very nervous hopefully she is not sick? Here is a picture of how she sits .

Sent from my iPad

Last edited:
Sometimes it hard to tell the exact problem, but you may have to rules each thing out. She looks like some young chickens who get coccidiosis. That can be treated with Corid (amprollium) in the water for 5 days. dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid Corid per gallon of water. Could she be cold? Worms may also be a problem. I like Valbazen since it gets all types of chicken worms. Dosage is 1/2 ml given orally, then repeat in 10 days. When she digs in the ground, is she dust bathing? You also might check her vent inside an inch or two with a rubber glove in case she might be egg bound. She is a pretty little chicken.

Back
Top Bottom