What's wrong with my hens? Gross picture warning!

Quote:
Internal layer...That is exactly what I thought. Bricore, you may have the best luck contacting Speckledhen here on BYC. She has, unfortunately, had to deal with internal layers often lately...or so it seems. She may have the best insight on how to treat her.

Thank-you everyone for your help.

I did the pull and tug thing that you talked about. It did come out. I did not slice it open but it did have a rubbery feel to it.

She still is not laying eggs BUT she is walking better, eating, and drinking with no problems.

I started to think it was just a very strange poo because she lived after it came out of her. Once I read your post about internal laying that made sense (because she hasn't been laying eggs for me in a while.) I am going to look up internal laying.

I will try to look up Speckledhen and see if there is anything I can do to stop this hen from going through this again.

Thanks again everyone for all your help!!

Dora

Contact your local county extension vet and email him the pic, if he can't help he will point you in the right direction. They really are there to help. Google for your local poultry vet maybe through a vet school.

This looks like part (the white bit)of what came out of my hen which I done a thread on.
64185_stp63474.jpg

I was advised it was internal laying. My hen started laying about 3-4 days later so give her time as she may have more to pass through as yet. It is good it is coming out. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom