Whats wrong with my quail

danielb1990

Chirping
Mar 11, 2018
Hi i just noticed my quail seems to have something wrong with it and not sure what is the cause.
Its head seems tilted sideways and keeps walking backwards(backing up)
I picked it up and rubbed its neck area and doesnt seem like any lumps/sticky feathers (incase was just junk gluing that side down)
Any ideas why (for last few days abiant temp been 30s C if that makes a diff)

Or is this just its half asleep and im disterbing it

Ah yer forgot to put there like 2 1/2 years old jap ones

Attachments

• 20200808_174652.jpg
    20200808_174652.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 44
seems to walk around fine i think was mostly trying to hide from me when i looked at it head seems " stuck" as it always tilted while walking etc but when i was feeling it turns etc fine
Incase is wryneck i added some extra vitamin powder into there water

edit 2 : yep been watching it for awhile still walks backwads with head turned (possibly trying to watch where its going?)
every now and then walks forward normally then back to backwards after checking under feathers etc nothing but filled cage with water incase needs vitamin gonna try some live bugs tomorrow

Last edited:
gonna try get a video
edit:nm now seems be sleeping it backed into corner and eyes closed with like hiccup type motion in head

Edit2:
So far i felt its neck checked wings body etc and seems no egg block etc its head can go "normal" position and it cheaps trys to escape etc like normal and fluffs up.

Last edited:
Sounds like a head injury to me. Is it possible that he flushed and hit his head? Keep him warm, clean, and with plenty of food and fresh water. He will hopefully heal in the next few days if it is a head injury.
Cool hopefully nothing to bad as the "roof" thin plastic (about as strong as thick letter paper) ill keep eye on it :)

Back
Top Bottom