What's wrong with my sweet hen?

Here's a pic....

Untitled.jpg

The crop should be in the red zone, or right about. If it is even the slightest bit full you should be able to feel something squishy there....I don't know if that is indeed the problem (never had chickens molt, so don't know nuthin about that) but just so you know where the crop is for future reference....

What are the symptoms of having worms? Isn't it bad to deworm a sick chicken if that isn't what her problem is? Wouldn't the other chickens seem sick too? They don't seem to have a care in the world.

Romie seemed a little perkier this morning but she didn't get out of her nesting box for treats, which is unheard of.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far!

That little stinker!!

Mystery illness solved. Apparently, my princess went from being moody to being broody. I put her in a box last night to bring her in the house so I could nurse her back to health but she jumped out. Then she did the biggest, healthiest poop I've ever seen. I did some more searching on the forum and found a thread that put it all together for me. In two years, this is my first broody chicken!

Thanks for everyone's input and chalk up another happy ending!

Back
Top Bottom