What's your 4th plans?

old.gif
What is stinky cheese?

Staying at home. This is our first 4th here. Maybe our first quite one? Not sure. We've always lived in the city where it got really loud with illegal fireworks.

love.gif
I love fireworks. Grew up where the local fireworks were in the baseball field and they played patriotic music over the speaker system the entire time...you sat out on quilts, lawnchairs, back of trucks, or the tops...
smile.png

Quote:
The cheeses over there are fantastic. But some of them smell unbelievably bad. I always bring some home, and I've stunk up entire airplanes.

Quote:
Doh! I'll be in Caracas for Bastille day. (I work for an airline.)

We are having a big party, complete with roasted pig, horseshoes, bocce, croquet and water balloons for the kids and the kid at hearts. I am really excited about my college friends who are coming up, havent see them in years and years. On Saturday we are taking a canoe trip down the Brule River here... Woohoo!! DH is putting on his "biggest fireworks show ever" over our lake, so I am going to have to have a couple of cocktails to be able to witness it without having a coronary.

Oblio, send me some brie, ok?
wink.png

Last edited:
Our friends on the hill way way way behind our house set off fireworks every year that you can see perfectly from our back field. The neighbors all come over on their four wheelers and we all sit in our back hay field and watch them
smile.png

We'll be marching with a group from our church in Willimantic CT's Boombox Parade.
There are no bands, everyone just carries "boomboxes" tuned to the local radio station which plays patriotic music. We have a float built to look like the church building and a banner proclaiming our 175th anniversary. DH will be marching with his students and the hovercraft they built. I hope we aren't not lined up behind them! They actually hover it and give it a little thrust but have it tethered with a kid on each corner to keep it under contro. But man is it LOUD! Here's a link to last year's parade:
http://www.wili-am.com/parade.htm
That afternoon DH's band will be playing at a private party at friends' house. They have lots of food and fun people (and chickens!) and will shoot off some not quite legal fireworks at the end. We usually leave before then. We just watched some nice legal fireworks at the National Hoverally in Ohio and will see some in a nearby town when they have their Know Your Town Fair later this summer.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom