Whats your carbon footprint?

Western Chick don't feel bad my family of 4 was an 82 also. We recycle everything we can, everything goes to compost or the animals but we do eat meat daily ( much of which is raised at home) and my hubby drives over 100 miles a day round trip to work.

Quote:
me too family of 7 with a 5 bedroom house.. but two of the rooms was a change over from a garage.. and when we did that we insulated the crud out of the attic.. we havent turned on the heat yet. It has worked soo well I think we will spend another $200 this spring and add more. 87 the national average is 190 so I guess we are not too bad.

Last edited:
Hmm.. I wonder if there is any other ones out there that will calculate even better? Like - we have SOME energy efficient appliances and replaced all our windows with energy efficient ones, etc... and the eating meat thing, well yeah - but we dont eat meat every day of the week either, we also grow our own veggies but also buy local. I agree that some of the questions could be worded better...

So - anyone else find another one that can do better? It'd be interesting to see if the carbon footprints come out the same, better or worse..
hu.gif

Last edited:
Your estimated greenhouse gas emissions are 12 tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) equivalent per year, which is below the U.S. national average.

I am a single household. I expected mine would be low as I have always been as efficient as possible. I do not believe in global warming either. I see no evidence period. That said, there is no reason to not conserve, be efficient, etc.

idunno.gif
are you supposed to enter your annual household electric usage for the year? also - for your cars -what is the mileage thing - is it a year that you drive it, per day, how many miles are on it currently?

this ones a bit confusing and not very clear on directions..

How did you do it?

I hear ya, they do not give very clear instructions.

I typed in the amounts for the entire year. For the vehicles it's the yearly mileage as well. I think.

Well, I did both of those...
First of all, I have a family of 7 (Me and my three kids and my DH and his two kids - only needed one more boy to make the brady bunch, lol) and we eat meat every day - though much of it we grow ourselves... and we have plans to make us pretty self-sufficient food-wise starting as soon as the snow melts this spring. OK I guess I just have to share - we bought a piece of land this fall, 5.5 acres and put the money aside to build a barn first, a 60x100' garden and then as soon as our house sells, we'll be living in a camper till we get our new one built. I can't wait - we're living in an 1100 sf 3 bedroom, 1 bath house right now - talk about a tight fit! Anyways, back on topic...
I was very surprised how high the first calculator was:
76 for us - national avg is 190 - world avg is 39
Second calculator gave me 16.32 tons

Back
Top Bottom