What's YOUR chickens' favorite treat?

Although all 3 of my girls love dried mealworms, my Barred Rock - Babs - is absolutely RABID for fresh spinach. I have nicknamed her the piranah because she literally attacks me to get it and pecks my fingers hard as she gets to the end of the leaves as I hold them for her to eat.
I have tried some of the other foods on here - cheese, bread, sprouts, cheerios - they won't touch them. Only my Buff Or - Marilyn - like scrambled egg. Finicky chickens. :p

shelled peanuts and walnuts don't seem to be on anyone's list but mine go bonkers for them. Grapes too but those seem to be on a few lists.

cheerios, cantaloupe seeds, cooked pasta (funny to watch them eat), watermelon, live worms and garden bugs. (I have three who understand gardening to mean that I will deliver many, many tasty worms up to them on a silver shovel.)

The one thing all of yours seem to love and mine will eat...but with a clear displeasure at the snack-dried mealworms. My 20 lb bag is going to last a lifetime.

I was very shocked by the list of poisonous plants in the garden. Not only is it super long, it is filled with many leaves in my garden which they seem to love to eat. (Hydrangea, foxglove, wisteria). Definitely worth reading through if you are freeranging.

Back
Top Bottom