What's your favorite duck breed?

Quote:
I couldnt find any pics of bantam runners, do you happen to have any you could post? Thanks!
big_smile.png

thumbsup.gif

They looked like tiny runner bodies with bobbly-call-type heads. They are being re-originated by Mr. Snyder at Snyder Waterfowl. You can see pictures on his website, on the Rare breed color info page.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

They looked like tiny runner bodies with bobbly-call-type heads. They are being re-originated by Mr. Snyder at Snyder Waterfowl. You can see pictures on his website, on the Rare breed color info page.

Thanks I'll check it out right now!

I have two 5 month old Cayuga drakes and they are lovely and so adorable. They follow me around and stand/sit on my lap
smile.png
I LOVE them so much so even though i have never had another duck breed or even a female cayuga, they are my favorite
big_smile.png
although i think i would probably like having a muscovy or even a goose :p

I would have to say muscovies. They have so much personality and make excellent parents. That alone should count for something.

Alright i have one....MUTTS!

Even know i think breeding ducks should be monitored so only quality ducks are produced whether pure or as project birds and that i would then say harlequins or some exotic breed would be my favorite, i can't help but admire 2 of my mutts. One is a black runner, mallard cross with beautiful black feathering black bill but orangish black legs and the other is believed to be her daughter who is a brown crested duck (yes crested even know none of my birds are crested!!!!!!!) greenish brown bill with brownish orangish legs.
They have funny little behaviors, can fly, lays eggs in a good quantity.. etc.

Back
Top Bottom