What's your favorite gun?

Quote:
I picked this one up and gave it some serious consideration. Wished you lived closer, I would like to try this one out. Do you use this one as your primary C/C ?

Quote:
7.62x39 and 7.62x54R are not Nato rounds, they are rounds the Soviets came up with during the cold war. The Soviets definitely were not members of Nato during that period.

7.62x51 is a "Nato" round, the civilian designation is .308

The Russian bullets are typically .310" to .312" in diameter, while the US 7.62mm rounds are .308" in diameter... which makes a big difference. Load a .308 cartridge with one of the Russian .311" diameter or so bullets... and you are going to end up with problems from too much pressure which could be catastrophic to your rifle (and you).

My "Favorite" all depends..

Rimfire rifle: Savage Mk II GL - left handed bolt action - Besides being cool enough to make guns for Left handed shooters, Savage also makes super good barrels for a stock gun. My Savage bolt action 22lr is eerily accurate. I target practice by shooting at golf balls out to 100 yards and more.

Center fire Rifle: Probably my Savage .223 bolt action. Out of the box, with just a sporter barrel and a proper barrel break in procedure I shot a 1" group at 200 yards with it - which means the rifle is capable of better than that since I was at the trigger. hehe

Handgun: My Kimber Custom II 1911 in 45acp. 45 caliber handguns have been making America's bad guys dead for over 100 years.

Shotgun: Browning Auto-5 Sweet 16 is hard to beat, but for occasional night time varmint destruction around the coop I find that our double barrel 12 gauge SxS coach gun can't be beat. Light, easy to handle, if you keep it broke open until you need it then you're in no danger from accidental discharges while walking around outside at night (and possibly stumbling).

Got a bunch of stuff, and I love almost all of them
smile.png

Quote:
Hope you informed him that he has to be 21 years of age to legally own a hand gun.

Those video games, they are going be the spanking of America. By boy does the same thing, but he has not asked for a weapon yet !!

It was while he was taking the "hunters safety course" that he was introduced to the "Glock" of his dreams. Since then he has noticed deputies with "like" weapons. (my husband works for the Sheriffs office)
The only video games he plays are motorcross and car/truck racing.

Quote:
I just looked at the Ruger LCR yesterday, it is only 13.5 oz. I like "the Judge", great punch on that one, but maybe just a bit big for my carry/conceal weapon . My favorite would be the Charter Arms Bulldog.

I currently carry a Berreta 22, and it makes my LEO son crazy that I have a pea shooter , so I am looking at a revolver that I am comfortable carrying.

My Concealed carry weapon is the folding 22. I live in an open carry state an all the states around me are to so I dont see the judge as to big. Dont ya just love the south.
big_smile.png

I like my Remington .280 and also very fond of my Thompson Center Encore pistol in 7mm.08 shot alot of deer with both also a 6x6 bull elk with the pistol. Mike

Back
Top Bottom