What's your favorite jelly roll quilt pattern?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by greenfamilyfarms, Oct 9, 2009.

1. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I'm thinking about making a jelly roll quilt. My first 2 quilts were designed by me (no pattern).

2. Shelanie

Shelanie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2008
    Southern California
    I just bought a book called Strip Crazy. I looove it! There are two patterns in that book I especially like-- Autumn Journey and Trail Adventures which are named after the Moda line of fabrics used in them. Have fun, it's addicting!

3. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

There is always the Yellow Brick Road pattern... I have the pattern and jelly roll, just haven't done it yet!

4. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:Note to self - Don't search for Strip Crazy on Ebay without attaching "Book" to the end of it.

5. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

This is one I'm working on for my Pop for Christmas.

http://www.thequiltercommunity.com/Wcd92ce69e4544.htm

This one is a twist on the "Rail" pattern. It calls for 2 inch strips but works with the 2 1/2 as well.

I also like the "Trip Around the World" or and one I'll have go look up how to spell, lol. It's the Bargello
    http://quiltville.com/scrapbargello.shtml This whole site has great scrap patterns

I started a Jelly Roll/Strip swap if you are interested. I think we still have 5 spots left. I'll go find that link too, lol.

ETA Here's the link to the Swap

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=253181

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  6. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:Do you have a pic of the Yellow Brick Road pattern? One I have is Fat Quarter pattern not jelly rolls.

7. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:[​IMG]

8. Shelanie

Shelanie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2008
    Southern California
    Quote:Note to self - Don't search for Strip Crazy on Ebay without attaching "Book" to the end of it.

Fell over laughing!

9. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal

Fell over laughing!

Me and my hubby BOTH belly laughed at that one! [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  10. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Do you have a pic of the Yellow Brick Road pattern? One I have is Fat Quarter pattern not jelly rolls.

I was wrong about that one! Just dug through my patterns! Not sure what the Jelly Roll that I have goes with now that I'm thinking about it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by