Wheaten Ameraucana Chicks.

Hssnider73

Chirping
Apr 13, 2020
Hello!
I purchased some hatching eggs that were supposed to be Wheaten Ameraucanas but I have a suspicion the parents were Easter Eggers instead. My chicks are hatching today and I am wonder if anyone who has Wheaten Ameraucanas has pictures of their day old chicks for me to compare.
They haven’t fluffed up in the incubator yet to get a good picture.
Is there any definitive way to tell the difference besides waiting for them to feather or lay an egg.

Hello!
I purchased some hatching eggs that were supposed to be Wheaten Ameraucanas but I have a suspicion the parents were Easter Eggers instead. My chicks are hatching today and I am wonder if anyone who has Wheaten Ameraucanas has pictures of their day old chicks for me to compare.
They haven’t fluffed up in the incubator yet to get a good picture.
Is there any definitive way to tell the difference besides waiting for them to feather or lay an egg.
Could you add a few pics of yours? That's probably the easiest way to tell.

I found this photo on a breeder's website. Hope it helps!:)
6530035_orig.jpg

Could you add a few pics of yours? That's probably the easiest way to tell.
They are still in the incubator because they just started hatching. I can add more in a few days when everyone hatches.
They look more like chipmunk Easter Eggers to me but I wasn’t sure if an Ameraucanas might look like chipmunk chicks too.

Attachments

• 7C726D6B-13AD-47E5-AC22-76ED2EE357D8.jpeg
    7C726D6B-13AD-47E5-AC22-76ED2EE357D8.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 19
They are still in the incubator because they just started hatching. I can add more in a few days when everyone hatches.
They look more like chipmunk Easter Eggers to me but I wasn’t sure if an Ameraucanas might look like chipmunk chicks too.
Did the Breeder tell you who the mother is and also the Roo? Egg color and Pics match what they stated? Watching to learn...as I hope to have some of these someday too...and a new Incubator standing by.

Those don't appear to be Wheaten Ameraucanas judging by the down color pattern. Are the eggs actually blue? They look green-ish in the incubator. There are other colors of Ameraucanas, although without googling I'm not sure I can think of an APA accepted color with that down pattern.

I am sorry but there isn't any with a chipmunk pattern as far as I know. Unfortunately, Easter Eggers are often sold as Ameraucanas. Most EE have chipmunk patterns as chicks. They are still lovely birds though and tend to be better egg layers. Pure Ameraucanas lay light blue eggs, where EE lay pretty much any color.:)

Back
Top Bottom