? Wheezing Cornish X

Oops, I forgot to mention that we also cut the bottom of the jug off...obviously.

My husband also suggested that if the birds are too big to fit in the jug, you could find an orange road cone and cut that to fit. You just need someone to hold the jug or the cone unless you can make a stand to hold it.

To funny graykristen, you do have a point. Its tough when the skin tears so easily. We are looking forward to the rotissery chicken for dinner!
Wish there was a brave soul to hold my chicken, lol...I got the whole blood splatter thing! Hope CSI doesn't question me! ha haha.
Oh, graykristen, welcom to BYC!
I was eyeing a road cone one day, it was being bumped around on a busy road tho, lol! Eh, just lop off a head and hang em high from bungee cords. Will you elabrate or share photos of the processer, sounds interesting. You can open a new post, I think that many would be interested in how this works for you.
Take care- Kel

I think you can buy road cones at most "big box" hardware stores, such as Lowe's and Home Depot.

I saw where one guy had one nailed to a post or wooden wall, for dispatching the birds. You could place a small piece of board, such as a 1x2, inside the cone to nail through, so that the nail head wouldn't tear through the cone.

The Cornish X's are also prone to developing CHF (congestive heart failure) due to the amount of fat around the heart. The pressure around the heart cause impaired circulation, and the lungs accumulate fluid from this. The most easily observed signs are dark combs (almost purple) when at rest on their keels, (the combs returning to normal color when they get up and move around) and wheezing.

Your bird with the aneurysm would surely have died soon, good job catching that and getting the deed done.

Thank you for such kind words...I must say, I totally wish I could snap a picture of our cat Teddy. OMG I put chicken on the rotissery to cook and as I turned around, he was sitting in the chair admiring the view like it was a movie! ha haha .
Even if it does not come out good, it certainly was worth the work to see that crazy cat!
lol.png

I saw where there were a few awsome examples of "killing stations" with cones etc. IF I do this next year, I'll probably make one. mmajw suggested the cones when I picked up these birds, but...I didn't listen- er, at this point anyways.
You folks take care and thankyou for the encouragement and kind words- I'll let you know how it tasted with garlic powder and season salt! YUUUUM

Back
Top Bottom