Wheezing Goose! Please HELP!

Hi. I have a goose that started wheezing the other day, so I was very interested in this post. She got pretty bad yesterday, breathing with her mouth open (and tongue sticking out) and no sound when she tried to talk, but did "wheeze" like she had asthma. She was eating, drinking and running around like nothing was wrong, but obviously there was.

I checked her throat (all I could see anyway) yesterday and my husband massaged her neck for a while, but it didn't seem to help.

This morning I was on BYC (Geese) and read a post where someone recommended ACV (for a broken beak) because of its healing abilities. Well, I have some on hand because of my husband's chickens needing it last year, so I added about 1/3 cup to one of their buckets of water (5 gallon). We left early this morning and got home just at dusk. I went out to let them to run for a bit and she is talking as well as breathing through her nose and the wheezing is GONE.

So...I don't know if it's the massaging, or the ACV (the one with Mother in it) that helped, but I don't care, I am just tickled pink that she is ok!! I just thought this might help someone else.

Thanks!
Joanne

Thank you! I am too! She didn't have a name yet, so I have decided to name her "wheezie"...she seems to like it! I still have the other one that I need to name. I had kept 3 of them when they were little and the one I did name died when she was a month old, so I just didn't name the other 2. I think they will probably make it now, so I need to come up with something!

She just talked to me the whole time I was out there today! She must of missed the sound of her own voice :)

Thanks again...I am so thankful for the information that comes from this site. Last year I got advice from here for one of my husband's chickens and she survived it all too! Great place!!

Joanne
wee.gif

<doing the happy dance>

Thank you! I am too! She didn't have a name yet, so I have decided to name her "wheezie"...she seems to like it! I still have the other one that I need to name. I had kept 3 of them when they were little and the one I did name died when she was a month old, so I just didn't name the other 2. I think they will probably make it now, so I need to come up with something!

She just talked to me the whole time I was out there today! She must of missed the sound of her own voice :)

Thanks again...I am so thankful for the information that comes from this site. Last year I got advice from here for one of my husband's chickens and she survived it all too! Great place!!

Joanne
wee.gif

<doing the happy dance>
Great to hear of a happy ending.

Just an update on Gonzo....I am SO SORRY I didn't do this sooner! Gonzo was completely normal Monday morning but I took him in to the vet anyway...he was in PERFECT HEALTH!!! Thank the Good Lord above! I'm just about positive he simply had a piece of grain or something in one of his nares and the Vet agreed that was probably it. I apologize if I worried anyone out there by not responding sooner. I just got busy and totally forgot. More good news is that he's a young gander and I honestly didn't expect him to be fertile this season as he's not even quite a year old yet BUT.....we've got growers in the bator now!!! I'm SO EXCITED as he's a gorgeous goose!!! Best wishes to all!

Just an update on Gonzo....I am SO SORRY I didn't do this sooner! Gonzo was completely normal Monday morning but I took him in to the vet anyway...he was in PERFECT HEALTH!!! Thank the Good Lord above! I'm just about positive he simply had a piece of grain or something in one of his nares and the Vet agreed that was probably it. I apologize if I worried anyone out there by not responding sooner. I just got busy and totally forgot. More good news is that he's a young gander and I honestly didn't expect him to be fertile this season as he's not even quite a year old yet BUT.....we've got growers in the bator now!!! I'm SO EXCITED as he's a gorgeous goose!!! Best wishes to all!

thumbsup.gif
great news thanks for letting us know!!!

Back
Top Bottom