Wheezing silkie roo

Stanlyb

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2020
Meet my roo lenny. He's just started wheezing recently. He also had some yellowish discharge from his eye. Can anyone help explain what's going on. The temperature dropped today but he's still eating and drinking normal. Just worried about wheezing and discharge.

Attachments

Stanlyb

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2020
So it's a common cold that my boy has. I need antibiotics, amoxicillin to help him out. I'm having a problem finding amoxicillin without a prescription. I don't take my chickens to vets. I'll be making some calls tomorrow. If anyone has info on how to get some I'd love to have for my home made chicken aid kit.

Eggcessive

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
Apr 3, 2011
southern Ohio
Chickens don’t get common colds. They can have respiratory diseases, and some are infectious bronchitis, mycoplasma gallisepticum, coryza, ILT, and a few others. With his wheezing and yellow eye drainage mycoplasma. (MG) might be possible. MG can cause bubbles, foam, or watery eyes, nasal discharge, rales or crackles, sneeze or cough. It is a chronic respiratory disease. It can come back later, and certain antibiotics may treat symptoms. Here is an article about MG:
https://extension.umd.edu/sites/ext... Mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG) Infecti....pdf

Top Bottom