Wheezy quack?

Babyquail

Chirping
Aug 17, 2021
Kentucky
Got a new duck today, was told she was a female (she’s a Cayuga) and she has no drake feather but she makes the weirdest sound ever. Not even a raspy drake sound, imagine a whistling wheezy noise, and that’s the quack she makes. Seems healthy enough, maybe the tiniest bit underweights, but that’s all. Should I be worried about sickness, could she actually be a boy, or does she just have a funny quack?

Got a new duck today, was told she was a female (she’s a Cayuga) and she has no drake feather but she makes the weirdest sound ever. Not even a raspy drake sound, imagine a whistling wheezy noise, and that’s the quack she makes. Seems healthy enough, maybe the tiniest bit underweights, but that’s all. Should I be worried about sickness, could she actually be a boy, or does she just have a funny quack?
A video would help. You have to post it to a video site like YouTube and then hit the video button above and enter the url code.

That is different. Does she make any other sound if you pick her up? I did have one duck (my avatar) who I got as an adult. She did not make any sound for the first couple of months. Now she won’t be quiet. Hopefully someone else will chime in about yours.
Nope, just that. And her breathing sounds fine, she only does that in place of a quack.

Also, she seems to keep opening her mouth like she is gonna quack and nothing comes out. Only makes the sound when she gets worked up.

Back
Top Bottom