When after hatching do quails eat and walk?

Qualara

Chirping
Sep 3, 2015
Australia
Hi, I just hatched a quail from my incubator and he's not really trying to get up to walk around yet, about 12 hours since he hatched, plus he wont make an attempt to eat. He doesn't have splayed legs or anything, but wont stand. Any advice?

Last edited:
I had one like that in my recent hatch, i had to feed it a mixture of starter feed, b complex and water using a syringe.

Unfortunately it didn't improve after 6 days and passed away last night.

As it's been 2 days since you started this thread I'm hoping everything worked out well, if not then i wouldn't worry too much as it can happen to anyone.

Last edited:
Give them sugar water right after they hatch and get to running around. They should be on their feet quick... if its been 12 hours already kill it/cull it/whatever term you like... its not worth the trouble, and hatch more out.. quail are so fragile at an early age that if they aint making it and thriving, they are already suffering to end up dying anyways... been there done that...

And yes a vet is a bad suggestion...

With quail you will get some in many hayches thay just aint born with enough get up and go... its natural selection..

Back
Top Bottom