when and how do we introduce our 4 mo. olds in to the flock?

1.) Make SURE that you introduce the chicks to the adults at the SAME TIME! They need to be together or they'll FREAK!
tongue.png

2.) They are old enough to introduce them to teh adults now so you just go right ahead!
big_smile.png

3.) Be sure that the chickies has enough room to run from teh other older chickens before you let them meet.
4.) You may want to put SOME kind of cover out in the run or where ever they stay durring the day JUST in case the chicks are scared of the adults and don't want to sleep with them... If I could see your coop/run I could give you more info... Or are they free-range???

I am introducing 2 four month olds to 5 one and half yr. olds now. They free range @ the same time--the older girls together and the new girls together but when they come into the coop (for the night) the little girls still go into their cage and settle in... In the mornings, I let the big girls out into the run...then I let the little girls out--who quietly (hoping no one sees them LOL)walk down the fence line and into their separate run... They can see each other but not harm them.. I thought in a few weeks, I will let them sleep together to see how it goes...

Back
Top Bottom