When are ducks fully grown?

Fuchsia

ℙ𝕚𝕟𝕜
Jul 19, 2020
Upstate NY
My Coop
My Coop
Hello I was wondering if anyone can tell me when my will be or are fully grown.
Sorry I post a lot of questions but BYC is the best place to learn from I looked it up and it said a duck is fully grown in two weeks and I don’t think that is true unless my ducks were very far behind. I have Saxony and Welsh harlequin ducks that are around seventeen weeks if that helps.

And what age or how soon will my ducks lay eggs/mate?

Thanks in advance,
Anna

My opinion is that ducks never grow up!!! - Even as adults they are as clumsy and funny as the ducklings they once were, just with the benefits of laying yummy eggs…

After three months they should have all their adult feathers and should start to lay. I have one mixed breed girl here, wh has laid her first egg at just eleven weeks of age:
full

Ok, admitted that is an ege for the Weight-Watchers, but since Sunday she is laying normal sized eggs.

My opinion is that ducks never grow up!!! - Even as adults they are as clumsy and funny as the ducklings they once were, just with the benefits of laying yummy eggs…

After three months they should have all their adult feathers and should start to lay. I have one mixed breed girl here, wh has laid her first egg at just eleven weeks of age:
full

Ok, admitted that is an ege for the Weight-Watchers, but since Sunday she is laying normal sized eggs.
Lol, it's true. My 6.5 year old ducks still follow behind me like they are little babies peeping at me for mealworms. I'm pretty sure they think they are babies - or they are just genius at manipulating me.

Back
Top Bottom