When can chicks be moved outside?

i had to take care of all 13 by myself with once in a blue moon help! theyre my pets, my responsibility. thats what my parents say. otherwise i can say goodbye to chickens.

Edited by Staff to remove personal information

Last edited by a moderator:
HHMM just the info I was looking for. So with it being in the upper 50's and lower 60's this week I should be able to move my 5 weekers out. I really want them used to it before we get real cold weather. I have never done chicks in the fall so I am worried they will get too cold at night. My chicks have been off heat for over a week and it gets down to lower 60's at night were they are now. I guess it is time to set it up and move them out this week before it is too late....any tips to transition them out?

HHMM just the info I was looking for. So with it being in the upper 50's and lower 60's this week I should be able to move my 5 weekers out. I really want them used to it before we get real cold weather. I have never done chicks in the fall so I am worried they will get too cold at night. My chicks have been off heat for over a week and it gets down to lower 60's at night were they are now. I guess it is time to set it up and move them out this week before it is too late....any tips to transition them out?
i used a giant laundry basket.

Thank you but I already know how to transport them, they go outside everyday to spend their days. I need advice on transitioning them out full time.

oh i misread it the first time sorry!
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom