When can Chicks go out to the coop?

In order for them to dig into mine first they would have to dig through cinderblocks welded wire sand and mulch they would have to be really really determined to dig into my run
Stupid rats chewed through the walls of the barn. We have never had a problem before. But we just got new buckets for the fed because they were getting into that so I guess they got desperate. I hate to kill any animal but can't have them killing my babies.

I always set my chicks out at 2 weeks with a lamp on during the night, depending on temps. But My coop does have an enclosed run so my worry for predators is low. Good luck!
Yes, ours is enclosed too and we put in a floor, staked the coop to the ground (it’s solid, nothing is lifting that up), and put an apron around it to stop digging. So, hopefully that is enough, but I’m still afraid we may have missed something.

Stupid rats chewed through the walls of the barn. We have never had a problem before. But we just got new buckets for the fed because they were getting into that so I guess they got desperate. I hate to kill any animal but can't have them killing my babies.
Oh that sucks ya I would set traps or get some barn cats if you get cats get kittens at least 4mths old they will grow up thinking the chickens are just part of the family and they won't eat them case in point I now have an inside outside kitten cause I put his friend out side so he goes outside with me when I go to feed and water the chickens and stays out with chipmunk (the chicken) till nighttime when we come in

Attachments

• 20200504_230912.jpg
    20200504_230912.jpg
    574 KB · Views: 1
Oh that sucks ya I would set traps or get some barn cats if you get cats get kittens at least 4mths old they will grow up thinking the chickens are just part of the family and they won't eat them case in point I now have an inside outside kitten cause I put his friend out side so he goes outside with me when I go to feed and water the chickens and stays out with chipmunk (the chicken) till nighttime when we come in
We got traps and poison and have been cleaning up dead rats all week :sick we have 5 cats that love the chickens. We have no mice or chipmunk on our 13 acre property but they didnt want to have anything to do with that barn.

Attachments

• 20160502_122542.jpg
    20160502_122542.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 1
We got traps and poison and have been cleaning up dead rats all week :sick we have 5 cats that love the chickens. We have no mice or chipmunk on our 13 acre property but they didnt want to have anything to do with that barn.
Chipmunk is one of my chickens name lol if you look at the picture the yellow puff by the kittens belly is a chick he now goes out into the coop to play with his chicken friend they chase each other and take naps together its really funny

Back
Top Bottom