When can chicks go outside?

The_Flock

Songster
Aug 24, 2019
Ontario, Canada
I have 13 - 1.5 week old chicks and they are growing well. They have wing feathers and wee tail feathers now. They are starting to get shoulder feathers. They look so cute. I was wondering if they would be able to go outside under the trampoline, on a non-windy day for short bursts? The temps lately are between 25-34°C.
Or should I wait for them to get all their feathers before letting them go out?
I thank you guys so much for any help you can offer. 😊

I currently have chicks that are less than a week old. They are being raised by a broody hen. She took them out today, and they spent all day scratching and pecking at all sorts of things. It's actually important for chicks to have access to the outdoors at a young age so that they can build up their immunity. I think, as long as it's warm enough, they should be fine.

I currently have chicks that are less than a week old. They are being raised by a broody hen. She took them out today, and they spent all day scratching and pecking at all sorts of things. It's actually important for chicks to have access to the outdoors at a young age so that they can build up their immunity. I think, as long as it's warm enough, they should be fine.

I have a broody hen right now. I wish I would've known she was going broody. Lol. I could've put these chicks under her.
Thank you for answering my question. I'll be letting them out in the nice weather.

I have 13 - 1.5 week old chicks and they are growing well. They have wing feathers and wee tail feathers now. They are starting to get shoulder feathers. They look so cute. I was wondering if they would be able to go outside under the trampoline, on a non-windy day for short bursts? The temps lately are between 25-34°C.
Or should I wait for them to get all their feathers before letting them go out?
I thank you guys so much for any help you can offer. 😊
They can go out during the day in fair weather just not over night they're still to little

Back
Top Bottom