When can I let my chicks outside?

Jane11

In the Brooder
Jun 25, 2023
Springfield, Oh
I have the ability to make a little penned in area in my yard to let our baby chicks go outside a bit. They are about 2 weeks old and I was wondering if this is too young to allow to do that? It has been very warm out here in Ohio. I would be outside with them the whole time since we have a cat etc. can I give them this treat of being in the grass and getting some natural light? Our brooder is self-made in the basement of our home so no windows…

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    629.5 KB · Views: 62
I have the ability to make a little penned in area in my yard to let our baby chicks go outside a bit. They are about 2 weeks old and I was wondering if this is too young to allow to do that? It has been very warm out here in Ohio. I would be outside with them the whole time since we have a cat etc. can I give them this treat of being in the grass and getting some natural light? Our brooder is self-made in the basement of our home so no windows…
Yes! They will love it and you will be endlessly entertained by their antics. Watching a 2 week old chick scratch in the grass is one of the cutest things on earth!

Back
Top Bottom