When can I put them in a coop?

Quote:
Well I should be able to tell you before long. I have 8 hens and one roo along with 3, 8 week old chicks all getting along fine. I decided today however to get a few more babies-these are 6-7 weeks old and a little younger. I went ahead and put them in there since the big ones are already used to having smaller ones around them. I am hoping for the best. Right now everyone is adjusting...I'll keep you posted!

Mine are 3 1/2 weeks old and they went out into their coop today. I actually have a fan circulating thru the barn since it is so hot and humid today. It's not blowing directly on them, but it is moving this heavy air around. It's supposed to be around 90 today.

I couldn't imagine keeping them in much longer than this. I had them on my enclosed porch in a huge box. They have been acting stir crazy for the past week, so I finally got the coop and run done last night and put them out there first thing this morning. They are having the time of their life. Running around and stretching their wings and climbing all over the ladder roost. I do have the heat lamp set up out there, but it's not turned on.

Back
Top Bottom