When can I put them together?

yoie

Songster
Jan 28, 2011
Easternshore of Maryland
I have 3 and 1 week old chicks together right now, all normal sized chickens. Next week I am getting an order of Bantam chicks, I know I can't put them in with the other chicks (which would be 4 and 2 weeks old then). I want them to be raised together since they will be sharing the same coop eventually. My question is when can I put them together so they grow up together?

Anyone? If I wait a few weeks and put them with the younger chicks will that be ok? Since the older ones might be able to go in the coop, or should I wait and put them all in the coop together. My first time with chicks, I just want them all to get along!

I have two 2 week old chicks and (had--one just died) 3 four week old chicks. I am wondering the same thing--should they be separated and for how long?

is it [possible for you to divide your brooder with a screen? That way they can see each other and the transition goes smoother. Last year I got some day old chicks after I had some 2-3 week olds. I place a screen divider in it, the next day I removed it and everything went well.

Back
Top Bottom