When can my RIR chicks go out?

they're ready, we put 12 production reds in the coop at 3 days with temps going down to low 30's at nite, at two weeks old they were free to roam inside the run, now they're 5 weeks old and doing great

Supposedly =] LOL well find out HEHEHEHE

I hope they are! Because (as previously stated) mine looks just like them! *pleasebeagirlpleasebeagirl*
fl.gif

Oh, yeah. And I also hope so for your sake, of course. ;)

I put mine out in their new 4x8' coop Sunday night. It has been getting down into the 40's and 50's at night, but I have a heat lamp and a 75W bulb in the coop. I open up the pop door to go to the under-coop run in the morning, but none have ventured down into the dirt yet :(
My 10 were all ready to get out of the brooder cage, and they are all doing fine, even our new bitties from this week, 4 EEs.
Some of them appear to be the same age as yours, some are only a few days to a week or two old.
Seems good, just keep an eye on the weather!
Dan

I put mine out in their new 4x8' coop Sunday night. It has been getting down into the 40's and 50's at night, but I have a heat lamp and a 75W bulb in the coop. I open up the pop door to go to the under-coop run in the morning, but none have ventured down into the dirt yet :(
My 10 were all ready to get out of the brooder cage, and they are all doing fine, even our new bitties from this week, 4 EEs.
Some of them appear to be the same age as yours, some are only a few days to a week or two old.
Seems good, just keep an eye on the weather!
Dan

I am doing the same thing =] although today i just kicked the chicks out for a hour or two in the dirt and they were terrified at first but then they LOVED it and wouldnt come back up till it started getting cold =] I have a 100w bulb in but i have it on a timer to come on at 5 and turn off at 1130 every few days i will extend the time without lamp untill it is off completley =] probably week 7 or so.

i have 8 which are 3 weeks old today. I have been taking them out a few hours a day for a week now. Today I took them out and put them in the coop when I went to work 6 am. Came home and there all out off the coop pecking around on the ground in the run. My plan is to take them out every morning and bring them in at dark for another week. At 4 weeks I'm thinking there out for good. oh yeah temps are low 80's/low 50's at night. Really strange its so warm already but it works out for me.
wink.png
Any thoughts..........

just be sure to keep an eye on the weather... PS i think 50's is to cold for 4 weeks old... Unless they are very well developed and are all feathered in... i would wait untill 5 weeks OR put a 75 watt lamp in there... BUT thats just my advice
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom