When can you tell if they are Roos?

Lissyloo

In the Brooder
Aug 3, 2020
These 2 Easter Egger (Unicorn and Rainbow) chicks are around 2 weeks old the lady said. I just can’t help thinking they are Roos from the way they hold themselves.

Attachments

• FBE27127-0E50-47E3-A704-E7E7B2AA2B80.jpeg
    FBE27127-0E50-47E3-A704-E7E7B2AA2B80.jpeg
    947 KB · Views: 27
  • 470BB1A2-36F4-4B3E-9DBE-34D649B03261.jpeg
    470BB1A2-36F4-4B3E-9DBE-34D649B03261.jpeg
    392.9 KB · Views: 22
They are too young to sex yet, repost pics at 6 - 8 wks. Watch their combs/wattles coloring if it starts to turn bright pink/red at 4wks, they maybe cockerels. If the colors say as is, you got pullets.

Usually around 6-8 weeks old you can be pretty sure what they are going to be. With EEs watch out for very red patches on the wings which often (but not always) indicates a cockerel.

They are very cute. 🥰

Usually around 6-8 weeks old you can be pretty sure what they are going to be. With EEs watch out for very red patches on the wings which often (but not always) indicates a cockerel.

They are very cute. 🥰
Thank you so much for the info!!!! New chicken tender alert! :)

These 2 Easter Egger (Unicorn and Rainbow) chicks are around 2 weeks old the lady said. I just can’t help thinking they are Roos from the way they hold themselves.
Very young, hard to be sure- BUT! Keep an eye on the combs! The pictures make the one look like it has a pink comb!
If the comb(s) get larger or pink/red early it is usually a roo!

My gut is telling me the one on the left is a pullet. The one on the right has feathered shanks and white skin, not an EE. You can’t look at just one feature. With EEs you have to take in the entire picture.

My gut is telling me the one on the left is a pullet. The one on the right has feathered shanks and white skin, not an EE. You can’t look at just one feature. With EEs you have to take in the entire picture.
Hmmmm the woman said they were EE hatched from green eggs. Could always be a fib though. Ya never know. What type if not? Mixed breed maybe?

Back
Top Bottom