When chicks should go into the coop

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by 3 girls chickens, Jun 30, 2008.

1. 3 girls chickens

3 girls chickens Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2008
    My chicks are about 4-5 weeks old and they seem to be getting pretty big. they are flying out of the brooder i made when we take the top off.

2. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Um, NOW!

[​IMG]

If they are fully feathered, they can go into the coop. I have three little 4 week old ones going in today! [​IMG]

3. 3 girls chickens

3 girls chickens Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2008
    thats what i figured. They'll be going in tomorrow. I have one chick that seems like a runt is very small and maybe only half the size of the others. should i keep her in the brooder or do you think she'll be ok with no heat lamp.

thanks

4. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

I am in hopes that I did right, the broilers that I have were getting greedy on the food and I have a few bantams that they housed with - well, you know the direction that went, so today I put them into the "queens quarters" a pen we made for the overly loving roo, then turned into a quarentine pen, now a brooder type pen for the meaties until they get ready to go out into their own house. I hope I'm doing right! Its been a hot day, but I wonder if I should put a light out when it comes in to rain tomorrow...
    The hen house is a distance away, so getting up in the night is going to be a challenge.
    Anyways, reassurance is needed here! lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by