1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

When did you start dreaming of chickens?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by AllCoop'dUp, Dec 28, 2010.

1. AllCoop'dUp

AllCoop'dUp Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Creswell, Oregon
    I'm talking about actual dreams while sleeping. I had the most bizarre dream on Christmas. I dreamt this traveling band of gypsy's stopped at my house with these beautiful Araucana's that came in vibrant parrot greens, blues and reds. Upon waking up, the dream continued to nag at my curiousity. Why don't chickens come in those colors? They're all birds, right?

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    From the day my first order of chicks arrived I started having weird chicken dreams. Still have them from time to time.

3. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    just last night. except my dream was a horror nightmare. i had dreamt that part of the coop blew away by the blizzard. it was awful.[​IMG] i woke up with puffy eyelids. :rolleyes:must have been crying. so yeah from time to time, i dream that my "girls" and big boy rooster are fine outside. [​IMG]

4. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

I started having dreams about chickens after I first ordered them, in the first dream a bunch of ducks, geese, and chickens came as chicks and then turned back into eggs and then hatched a while later. [​IMG]

5. Sandbellie

Sandbellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Ever since Iv'e had my chickens! Haha! [​IMG]

6. SparksNV

SparksNV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Spanish Springs, NV
    my family thinks i'm weird - i dream about them about every other week...usually good dreams - heck, i think it's weird, too!

7. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    whenever i joined this site.[​IMG]

8. pardygwyn

pardygwyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    I have weird egg-collecting dreams more than anything else. Usually I dream that I'm back at my childhood home, the chickens and ducks have been laying there my entire adulthood, and I'm trying to collect from the resulting super-nests.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by