When did your duck hatching eggs start having visible movement?

I have a batch of duck eggs in my incubator on Day 19. Today I saw the egg itself moving as the embryo moved inside the egg. Is Day 19 too early to see that? Should I drop the temp? They are Welsh or Welsh mixed with Buff or Khaki.
No, it's never too early to see movement in an egg.
Are you candling to make sure you are seeing the duckling is moving?

What temperature is your bator set to?

Most important question out of all of these is do you have at least one calibrated thermometer in your incubator?

I have a batch of duck eggs in my incubator on Day 19. Today I saw the egg itself moving as the embryo moved inside the egg. Is Day 19 too early to see that? Should I drop the temp? They are Welsh or Welsh mixed with Buff or Khaki.
Are you talking about movement within the egg or "shadowing"? Shadowing is the dark movements at the top of the egg by the air cell.

No, it's never too early to see movement in an egg.
Are you candling to make sure you are seeing the duckling is moving?

What temperature is your bator set to?

Most important question out of all of these is do you have at least one calibrated thermometer in your incubator?
Not movement in the egg. The egg itself moving. I didn't see the egg move until hatching last time. I have the incubator set at 100.5 but that was to adjust for cooler temps my last 2 attempts that caused my eggs to die by day 14. I ran many tests before starting on both the thermometers and the incubator. The internal temp according to my tested thermometer is an average of 99.5 but it does go up and down by over a degree depending on what part of the incubator the auto turn has the thermometer in.

Back
Top Bottom