When do adult ducks stop laying?

Like the others say, it will depend on the breed and conditions. A good way of increasing egg production if it ever drops off, is to put them into an enforced moult. After moulting, they can be re-entered into a laying pattern and therefore begin laying more eggs.

6 of my ducks are 7 years old and they were still laying plenty of eggs last year , when they were 6 years old! but this year not so much yet we will see though they may start up more in the midspring to summer months . I feed them mazuri waterfowl maintenance feed
Thanks for letting me know!

Like the others say, it will depend on the breed and conditions. A good way of increasing egg production if it ever drops off, is to put them into an enforced moult. After moulting, they can be re-entered into a laying pattern and therefore begin laying more eggs.
Alright, thank you.
Do you know when adult Pekin ducks stop laying?

Oh dear I researched forced molting recently and I think it’s cruel I would not do it

Back
Top Bottom