When do I help?

Momo

Songster
11 Years
Mar 16, 2008
Nelson BC
I know this question has been answered dozens of times but I can't find the posts; this is my first time incubating and I'm getting nervous!

I had 28 viable eggs in my Genesis 1588. I took them out of the turner and put them in cartons on day 18. Three hatched on day 20 and 13 more popped out the next day. Today is day 22 and nothing ... one has been slightly pipped for a day and a half and the others are just sitting there. Temp is steady at 99.5. Humidity is 60 (it did get down to 55 for a bit).

I'm starting to worry that the others won't hatch and I'm really worried about the little pip ... at what point do I intervene? Would they have shrink wrapped at 55? Am I being a nervous nellie? How long do I have to sit on my hands?

Doh! Stupid me! Thanks!!!
smile.png

Quote:
No problem, it is usually difficult for me to find things on the site, but that one i just checked out yesterday, so I knew where it was!

<edit> In my opinion, I would try to help the one that has been pipped for so long, but that's just me
smile.png

Last edited:
It's zipping, it's zipping! Whew! And after reading the sticky I am doing nothing. I'll give the slackers another day or so and see what nature has to say.

Back
Top Bottom