When do I stop rotating eggs

With chicken eggs turning early in incubation is important for different reasons but after two weeks those reasons no longer apply. So you can stop turning after a full 14 days. We normally stop turning and increase the humidity at the same time more out of convenience than anything else.

Would you mind letting us know when your eggs actually hatch? I don't do bantam eggs myself. For years I've read that smaller egg might hatch earlier. But it has only been the last couple of months I've seen people on this forum saying things like bantam eggs always hatch early.
Supposedly they are supposed to hatch at day 16

Supposedly they are supposed to hatch at day 16
What breed of bantam do you have? Who told you day 16? Where did you hear that? Do you have a link to your source so I could read it in context?

I read a lot of things on the internet and on this forum. I don't believe all of them. I'm much more interested in when your eggs actually hatch than in what someone told you.

Any chicken egg can hatch a couple of days early or late, regardless of size. Smaller eggs can possibly hatch earlier than full sized eggs, but the early I read about is maybe 2 or 3 days early, not the five days early that 16 days give. I'm not comfortable that the 16 day figure is accurate for you. I could see lockdown at 16 days if your eggs have a history of hatching early, but 16 days for hatch does not sound right.

Back
Top Bottom