When do local feed stores sell baby chicks?

Yes March is the normal time when you start to them in stores and in good quantities. Some places of the country earlier some later. Spring is the main hatching season. Just beware that when you start to go looking for chicks in these feed stores and co-op's and farm stores, that the people working there may not know as much as they should about chickens. WTS do your own homework first to prevent any problems, just watch all the post & threads that start in March where folks start to complain about these places and people, it's really funny.

AL

I'm in Florida & one of the local feed stores has some 3 & 4 wk old chicks now.
Gotta agree with al6517 about doing the research...you will hear some crazy stuff from people that work at feed stores!

yeah i asked my local shiptons and they said March
smile.png

is it march yet?? lol
pop.gif

pop.gif

pop.gif

pop.gif

The Phoenix area feed stores I'm familiar with pretty much carry chicks year round now. Almost unheard of in years past. You might find someone local that hatches, and some online stores ship year round.
smile.png

Mine sells them to me whenever I ask for them. Haha. Maybe it's because I have a good relation with my feed store? I dunno, but the guy even handraised me some silkies from his own farm. I guess that's good relations?
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom