1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

When do muscovy ducklings start geting feathers?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by yoni26, Nov 11, 2010.

1. yoni26

yoni26 New Egg

Nov 2, 2010
    i have 4 17 day old muscovy ducklings super cute and there growing each day just took em out side for the first time not to long ago it was realy cute cause as to my surprise they followed me every where i went. But im just wondering when they start geting feathers i noticed there fet n beaks changed colors

2. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    They should start losin their fuzz soon [​IMG] just dont blink! Or you'll miss the whole transformation . I think at about a month the feathers and quills start sprouting. My two month olds are almost fully feathered now.

3. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Yep, about 1 month old and they start getting in their hard feathers [​IMG] They sometimes get a little grumpy when they start to get them too because it can be a bit of a painful process. I had one that i called monster for a month because she was just an evil little thing until she got most of them in!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by