When do Wellsummers develop their patterns?

rebecca10782

Songster
11 Years
Apr 24, 2008
We have a three month old Wellsummer who looks exactly like our Buckeye. She doesn't have any pattern or color change yet. The Wellsummer pattern is so gorgeous, I hope it comes in. Is this normal for it to come in late? She had better be a Wellsummer
rant.gif

I don't have any pictures yet, I will get some soon.

Can you post a pic of yours? I'm new to the breed but I have some that are just about a month old now and they have patterning (is that a word?) and seem to be what my inexperience eye thinks they should be lookin like. Here they are.
Pullet:

074.jpg

And cockerel:
025.jpg

This will be a pullet:
chickens076.jpg

Sometimes you can tell by the sex around a month old, sometimes earlier to see if you got males or females by looking at the patterns. The black breast feathers tells you that the chick is a male while the female got salmon tan breast feathers.

Your birds are so beautiful
smile.png
This is weird, Pesca is 3 months old now and she doesn't have any patterning. She is a deep mahogany with a slight darking at her tail. I guess she is defective
hmm.png
Just kidding, I love them all no matter what. Well I will see how it goes, I will post pictures soon.

Here are some baby pictures. She sure looks like a Wellsummer, but I am no expert.
IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

Last edited:
She does have some very subtle stripes coming in on her neck now. I think she is a Wellsummer, I guess I'll find out when she lays an egg. Who knows, maybe she will develop more when she gets older. She is very beautiful though
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom