When do white leghorns and golden comets start laying?

Birdlover_13

Chirping
Jan 5, 2021
Hi, I have 3 white leghorns and 2 golden golden comets, they are 22 weeks old and still no egg yet, but they also thro the bedding out the nest boxes why are they doing that? And what can I do to encourage them to start laying? Thank you!

Hi, I have 3 white leghorns and 2 golden golden comets, they are 22 weeks old and still no egg yet, but they also thro the bedding out the nest boxes why are they doing that? And what can I do to encourage them to start laying? Thank you!
I have 6 Golden Comets that just turned 17 weeks old wednesday 2-3 of them are laying but not the rest. I try my best to be sure they have plenty of protein, calcium and fresh water in their diet. That is the only suggestion I have sorry.

Thanks everyone for advice, I still have no eggs yet, I’m not sure but I’m thinking a snake is getting them, I have calcium provided for them I can’t feed them every day cause I work 12 hours every other day when I get home it’s dark so on my days off I feed them enough to last them until my next day off I give them scratch to. I’m wondering if there not getting enough light there coop is in the shade half sun, but it’s temporarily coop for now they gonna be moving into bigger coop soon. I was wondering if I could put fake eggs in the nest to keep them from throwing out the pine shavings? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom