When do you move the chicks into the coop and pen?

Absolutely
wee.gif
if they are the only one's in the coop

They sound ready. My last two were 4 weeks old when I moved them to the coop. The weather was warm and the 2 four week old chicks were fully feathered.

We jiust moved ours out yesterday and they are just under 7 weeks. We would have moved them out earlier but the coop wasnt done! I am so excited to have them out of the house and they did great on their first night out.

My three are six weeks old on Wednesday and their house is being delivered! Ive been taking them out for short stints during the day so far in a guinea pig run! Now they will have their proper coop I was thinking that they should maybe spend day time out there but come in at night for about another week before moving full time. Sound ok? Thanks!

Just moved my 2 week olds to the coop brooder today. I keep them in the house until 2 weeks then move them to a large wooden brooder in the coop. Then at about 6 weeks they go into the pen in which the brooder is situated. Works great;-)

I built a tractor that mine are now in 24/7. They were going out for a few hours a day starting at 1 week and now at almost 5, they are outside full time. They prefer it out there too. I turn the light on at night for them, because we've been getting pretty chilly and I cover the pen somewhat, because Im probably paranoid haha Its cute to see them in the morning, zooming around, eating grass
smile.png
They freak when I move the tractor a couple feet LOL

Back
Top Bottom