When everything works out!

bbhorsefly

Songster
Jun 24, 2015
Isn't it just grand when pieces fall into place and a deal is made where everyone scores?! I'd resigned myself to wait for spring to fill in my layer slots (only two of my current 10 pullets have started laying) and I'd whittled my glut of cockerels down to just one extra. Then an opportunity came up! My extra roo found a home where he is admired and adored with a harem of his own four girls all to himself! And I got two pullets out of the deal that just started laying. Even more awesome, their first day here, I didn't expect them to lay, but they gave us a blue egg and a pink egg! We're all so thrilled! Here was our egg haul today:

Guess I'm going to have to wait for the brown and white layers to start putting out so we really have a colorful basket. Haha

Isn't it just grand when pieces fall into place and a deal is made where everyone scores?! I'd resigned myself to wait for spring to fill in my layer slots (only two of my current 10 pullets have started laying) and I'd whittled my glut of cockerels down to just one extra. Then an opportunity came up! My extra roo found a home where he is admired and adored with a harem of his own four girls all to himself! And I got two pullets out of the deal that just started laying. Even more awesome, their first day here, I didn't expect them to lay, but they gave us a blue egg and a pink egg! We're all so thrilled! Here was our egg haul today:

That is an incredible Olive, wow!!

Keep in mind, that the egg they laid today was 'made' yesterday......so that egg started forming at their old home,
and they may not start 'making' another until they are settled into their new home.

Back
Top Bottom