when I mostneeded help, no one was there

Old Sarah is a little crazy for me. Well more on the clinical insane side, I would be worried she would take out all of my animals whilst recording it for the local news show ha ha ha...

She is not my cup of Tea, I find her kind of terrifying actually... but surprisiongly popular in AK?

enough of the politics from me, Im sure that will get me into enough trouble as it is!

I guess seeing as I can't vote I should keep my opinions to myself.

And for the record I thankfully live about 300 miles away from Wasilla...sometimes not far enough...stop it...lips are zipped shut from now on......will only comment on my own corrupt ministers here on out!

Dear Friend, I have been a military wife and lived alone in Montana while husband spent a year in Alaska and again in Kuwait. I suggest calling your husband's supervisor and tell him you need a guy from the unit that is good with a gun!!! My house burned down while my husband was deployed and I was overwhelmed by the support I received. Give it a shot. There really are people who want to help. I sure wish we were there, my husband would be there to take out that fox in a heartbeat. We live in North Dakota on a farm now and we wouldn't make it through a Winter without help on occasion!! Good luck to you!!

Sometimes i wish I could live 300 miles from Sarah... Ugh.
Sorry to hear about our fox, I hope you get him. I'm a crack shot with a .22 but give me anything else, and I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, LOL!
Practice on moving targets, for sure... They are much harder to hit. Maybe try skeet shooting a little to get the idea of pointing in front of the target and guessing how far so that you can hit it accuratley.
Or... wait for the fox to hold still, like I would!
smile.png
Arctic chickens rock!

Sometimes it seems that if you depend on another human for anything, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. I've walked many a mile in your shoes Redtailroos... and sometimes it's a sad existence. I'd give my shirt, and some.. but when it comes time to help me? I do that best.
hmm.png

Integrity is a good thing, but it seems so few have it.

Okay.. I'm sorry to be so depressing..

I'm proud that you are taking a hold of the situation, it will build confidence. Best wishes to ya!

I'm another one that would be there with you if I could.. a total stranger.. yup!!
thumbsup.gif

Laura honey, I am so sorry your friend let you down. Hugs to you from far away....

I wish I wasn't so far. I'd take out Mr. nasty fox for you - I'm a pretty mean shot. And he's got it comin'... The universe works in strange ways - you will get your revenge.

Be strong. Your hubby will be so proud of you. I know I'm proud of you already!

Quote:
I think calling the supervisor would be a good idea but I have to tell ya I laughed till I cried as I could just see this troop of guys in military dress just waiting for that fox. LOL sorry but ya must admit it would be a site to see

You go girl. I am independant as well, this year I will learn how to shoot at the shooting range.

I have 7 brothers who all shoot and some of my 5 sisters shoot as well. Me I never learned how thanks to the prank of 2 of my brothers. Right now if I need something dispatched I call the pet taxi lady down the road. Her and her son come take care of it.

She helps me process my birds as well. She will also take care of my birds if I need her to.

Glad your Hubby is coming home soon. Please thank him for me for all he has done for us.

Happy hunting and that fur will keep your neck warm for sure. Ya can get instructions on skinning and finishing that fur on the net.

Shotgun is a good bet, but here's a trick we used to teach farmers in Namibia - take a bite-sized piece of one of the animals he has killed, and hang it somewhere he's likely to explore (a foot above the ground, so other small scavengers won't get it) with about a teaspoon of strychnine or rat poison. It should kill him and only him.
Hope it all works out!

you would be surprised but even the lure of a nice big fox pelt, has not lured even the most dedicated hunter to my property...

I have asked lots of people but they never commit, even hubbys supervsior, just showed me how to sight the gun in rather than a. doing it them selves, or b. out to help.

I don't think Im well liked, as Im a little out spoken, not in the IN crowd, a little different (foreign), Oh and No Kids... that is a big problem in the shop...obviously as I can't/won't procreate so I'm not a good person...must be a bad person as I obviously hate kids...??? really if my husband was in the country we live in long enough to make children we might have them! My hubby is the only deployer in the shop next to the single airmen? coincidence???

never had much luck with millitary families in my husbands shop.
I have more luck in my own squadron, Im a Civillian...

But on the other hand they know Im VERY independanyt and will do anything until it gets to the point where I can't....

So its partaially me and partially them... I probably burned the bridge and didn't even notice!

I can do this, If I wrestled seals for rehabilitation and rerelease, I can shoot a fox, im pretty fearless...as long as I have the skills, and Im getting those...slowly.

And Yes Rich is very impressed and Proud, every time he goes away, he comes back to a new skill, last yearI moved house on my own, as his show was having a party and were too busy to help...this year, im a fox killer (potentially).

No worries!
thanks for your support though, I reallyappreciate it...Ill get the fox for everyone...
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom