When is it possible to tell the gender of chicks?

cluckingheck

i wanna be a cowboy, baby ( HELL YEAH )
Jun 15, 2020
TyCo, West Virginia
Outside of DNA testing and vent checking, at what age can you tell if a chick is male or female? I have 3 mix breed chicks that are 22 days old, 19 days old, & 16 days old.

It depends on the breeds.
Easter eggers you can normally start telling by 12 weeks when the cockerel feathers start coming in or when they start to lay or crow.

It depends on the breeds.
Easter eggers you can normally start telling by 12 weeks when the cockerel feathers start coming in or when they start to lay or crow.
then that’s probably around the time I’d be able to mine, huh. Their parents are likely both crosses. I say possibly, because they have five possible dads. One of the chicks came from an ISA brown egg, one came from a black sex-link egg, and the other could’ve been from the BSL or a black australorp egg. The possible dads are a BR/RIR cross, a cuckoo maran cross, a BR, and two black australorps. It’s one huge guessing game and I’m pretty sure the autosexing with down color wasn’t retained.

You could post pictures of the little ones to see what people think but chances are it is too early. You could also do updated pictures as the weeks progress.

When it's to young or if it's a tricky breed
I wanna ask experts about age of this hen it's wheaten aseel breed thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    532.8 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    631 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    391.5 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    517.5 KB · Views: 4
You will never leave me alone ...
Aren't you !! Mate if you not willing to help please leave me alone I'm poor and I had enough of u .

I
Ok.
It’s female.
wanna know how old is it will it lay eggs any soon or it's passed egg prime life ?
Mate never judge anyone u don't know you don't know me ok
This is how I make my money I buy hens from sellers then sell them
Sometimes it takes time so they stay for day or more in my home back untill I sell them they don't stay long in that spot u seen .

Back
Top Bottom