When should I expect eggs?

We now have 8 eggs since I posted about the 1st one!!!! I have officially become a crazy chicken lady, lol. It's just so exciting to be getting eggs daily. The only problem I am having are 2 of my girls are laying under the nesting boxes on the floor. But the eggs we have gotten are so clean they look like they have been washed, should I just leave them on my counter or wash them and refrigerate them? Thank you all so much for all of your helpful comments! This is an amazing site!!!

D6213B15-5362-4056-AF67-669334C69AAB.jpeg

I am new to raising chickens and I purchased 5 pullets on April 14, 2018 from TCS, and ended up with 2 Barred rock pullets and 2 Cinnamon queen pullets, one of the pullets ended up being a Dominique roo, (which I found out through pictures). I was told that they were a week old at the time, so I am wondering when should we expect eggs? From all of the articles I have read my girls should be laying now, all 4 of them have bright red combs and waddles. We kept the roo so could that be a problem as to why we haven't found any eggs yet or are they too young to be laying. I have pictures if it would help. Thank you all so much
So average egg laying is 20 weeks. Some start as early as 18 weeks but some can start as late as 24 weeks. If a hen is not laying by then, her pelvis may be too narrow to produce.

My leghorns make a murderous SCREECH while they are in the nest box -- worst. egg song. ever.

My Jersey Giant had the sweet little chatter sound you're referring to.
One of my Americana’s screams like “oh my Goodness , What’s coming out of my Butt” every time she lays!

Back
Top Bottom