When Should I Move the Chicks from the Incubator to the Brooder?

I have a large incubator and have a good many eggs in it. One batch is due to hatch in a couple of days. My question is how do I take the hatched eggs out when instructions say don't open the door for fear of cooling off the other eggs. The second batch are to start hatching in 6 days. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I know this is late but I would say next time in the future leave them in there for about 4 hours, or until they get fluffy and then quickly open the door for a quick second. Unless any of the other eggs have pipped, you are fine! If one is pipping wait until it has hatched and until none are pipping or hatching.
Also how is your chicks doing?

My chicks have all hatched and are now 9-22 hours old. They're in a Brinsea Mini Advance incubator, which is still fogged up inside so the humidity must still be pretty high. The chicks are STILL very wet. Do I leave them in the incubator until they're completely dry? Or can I move them to their brooder? They don't seem to be drying out in there. I have to attend an all-day meeting today and am in a dilemma as to whether I move them before I leave or wait until I get home...
idunno.gif
You can probably do either. Leave them in there or move them to there brooder. I usually wait until there abit fluffy.

Got home from my meeting and found a disaster in the incubator. One chick is pretty much dead, and the rest are not doing well. They are all still sopping wet, and the incubator STINKS. I grabbed them out and put them in the brooder, which is around 95-100 degrees. I tried dipping the dying chick's beak in sugar water, but I think it's too late. I tried dipping the others' beaks, too, but only a couple were vigorous to look like they were trying to swallow. I guess now it's up to Mother Nature, but I sure feel guilty. Can anyone give me advice on what to do to save the remaining chicks?
Keep them in a warm brooder. I hold my chicks and dip there beaks in water just so they get a little bit. Not sure what else. Sounds like there must of been bit to much humidity in the incubator when they hatched or something .hence why they never fluffed up. Sorry to hear bout your baby chicks.hope some make it

Back
Top Bottom