When should I see something in the eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Henny Penny #1, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Henny Penny #1

Henny Penny #1 Out Of The Brooder

Maybe I am just being impatient, but I put my eggs in the incubator on Saturday and today thought I would candle a couple to see if anything was happening. It does not look like there is anything going on in the eggs. Should I see something by now? Is it too soon? Help me out, I am worried I have unfertilized eggs. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  2. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    You should see some veining but it does take practice, patience, a bright light and a very dark room. Ecspecialy if they are brown eggs. I did mine on day 7 since I was new at it and it seemed to be a little easier for me.

3. LilDucky85

LilDucky85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Northern, Illinois
  4. Henny Penny #1

Ok, well they are brown eggs. They are RIR's. I cannot see any veining yet, but I will check them again on the weekend and hopefully there will be signs of life. I will be quite disappointed if they are unfertile. I think I am more concerned about this process than any of my 4 experiences with childbirth, LOL. [​IMG]

5. Henny Penny #1

I think I see veining! I candled one of the lighter coloured eggs in a really dark room and there were some lines, as I am new to this I am not 100% positive but am very hopeful now [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by