when should i take my rabbit to the vet.

how often do you take your rabbit to the vet. ?

• once every couple months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • once a year

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • once every two years

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

chickenmama109

Free Ranging
6 Years
Mar 5, 2017
texas
hi. I have a rabbit and she is has healthy has can be. but I was wondering if she would need a check up by the vet. I don't know if it is worth the stress for her right know cuz she does not seem sick. but we got her not too long ago and she is not even a year old yet. so how often do yall take your rabbits to the vet and what do yall put them in while in the car. thanks

Personally, unless something is wrong, no one goes to the vets, I even give puppy shots myself after buying them from a feedstores. I trim claws, hooves, shear, and treat wounds myself. My show heifer is currently at the vet getting ai'd, and the show goats as well as her have to go once a year for state papers for show

I agree with everyone else, rabbits don't need to go the vet unless you cannot treat it yourself and for spaying or neutering. Some rabbits will be different than others in tolerance for vet visits and car trips.

Grooming, nail trimming, and daily check-ups (eyes, mouth, ears) can be done yourself. I've also found that a lot of sicknesses in rabbits can be treated cheaply at home.

Back
Top Bottom