When to call the Post Office?

Tom Turkey

Songster
10 Years
Apr 15, 2009
Ky
My order From ideal is supposed to ship this wendsday coming up. Its my first time ordering chicks and I don't know when to call can you tell me when i should call?

I called 6 days from the scheduled shipping date to let the staff know they were expected on X-date/day. I left my name, address and phone#. I then called again 24 hours after ship date to inquire/remind them of my request. They remembered me! (by address, not name
sad.png
) The next day at 6:05 am they called to tell me they had arrived!!

wee.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

The Post Office should call you to say they have arrived and come get them. Depending how far they travel, it should be Friday morning (maybe even Thursday) when you get the call. If they have not called by the middle of Friday, I would call them and ask. It couldn't hurt to call ahead of time and let them know to expect the chicks, I do that.

My chicks are also coming from Ideal on wednesday!!!!! This is my first order of baby chicks and we are so excited. I was also wondering when to call thanks for posting the question.

I got a little bit of everything. got 16 pullets here is the list:
BLACK AUST PULLETS
3 AMERAUCANA PULLETS
1 IOWA BLUES PULLETS
1 NAKED NECK PULLETS
1 BUFF WYANDOTTE PULLETS
1 STAND GOLD LCD COCH PULLET
1 STANDARD RED COCHIN PULLETS
1 BLACK GIANT PULLETS
1 PARTRIDGE ROCK PULLETS
1 SICILIAN BUTTERCUP PULLET
1 GOLDEN CAMPINE PULLETS
1 SILVER KRAIENKOPPE PULLETS
1 GOLDEN LAKENVELDER PULLETS
1 RED SHOULDER YOKO PULLETS

we already have 25 chickens mostly different breeds. i am addicted to chickens. the fact that they lay eggs is just an added benefit, i just think they are a hoot. we started with 5 GLW that were a week old last may and the rest we picked up at chicken shows or on CL.

Back
Top Bottom