When to expect sitting

trev1lov3

Chirping
Sep 28, 2016
First time laying guineas. Are they likely to wanna sit on their clutch the first time or not very likely? Theyre laying now for their first season and with chickens and for the most part keeping them in the boxes my chickens use. Like 3 out of 35 eggs on the floor the rest in the boxes but no one sits (none of my chicken hens have desired to be broody thus far). I was gona move them all togther. And let the eggs build up to a repectable clutch but how many should i let them build up to that they will wanna sit them? Ive taken their first 28 and put em in an incubator so far and things would be easier if i had a broody hen so i was wondering if there is any way to force or teach broody behavior without a broody for them to watch?

First time laying guineas. Are they likely to wanna sit on their clutch the first time or not very likely? Theyre laying now for their first season and with chickens and for the most part keeping them in the boxes my chickens use. Like 3 out of 35 eggs on the floor the rest in the boxes but no one sits (none of my chicken hens have desired to be broody thus far). I was gona move them all togther. And let the eggs build up to a repectable clutch but how many should i let them build up to that they will wanna sit them? Ive taken their first 28 and put em in an incubator so far and things would be easier if i had a broody hen so i was wondering if there is any way to force or teach broody behavior without a broody for them to watch?
No, you can not make one go broody---you might encourage one by leaving some eggs in a nest but I would do fake eggs so I do not waste my guinea eggs by allowing them to lay there for weeks.

To me its easier/better to brood them myself---because if the guinea broods them I loose a lot.

Yeah. Just can only fit so many in the incubator. No money for another yet. I wonder if theres any way to encourage a chicken to be broody i figured not much in the way of the guineas and i havnt found anyone near me willing to part with a broody. But itd sure be easier if i had a lil silent partner to be my second powerless incubator

Back
Top Bottom