When to stop turning bantam eggs?

eyralis

Songster
Jun 2, 2014
California
dear fellow chicken lovers! Gail Dammerow, the author of Storey's guide, said that bantams hatch a day or two early; and said to stop turning at day 17. So at day 17, I checked that the three eggs were alive and well, and shut down the turning. It's now the start of day 20, and I haven't even heard a peep yet. I'm really worried.

dear fellow chicken lovers! Gail Dammerow, the author of Storey's guide, said that bantams hatch a day or two early; and said to stop turning at day 17. So at day 17, I checked that the three eggs were alive and well, and shut down the turning. It's now the start of day 20, and I haven't even heard a peep yet. I'm really worried.
I will have a few bantams hatch on day 20, but the majority are still on day 21. No need to worry about not having any action yet, and stopping turning on day 17 won't hurt a thing. That's a great book that I always use for reference

I will have a few bantams hatch on day 20, but the majority are still on day 21. No need to worry about not having any action yet, and stopping turning on day 17 won't hurt a thing. That's a great book that I always use for reference
xs 2, I woudn't worry until day 21 has come and gone. While it is common for banties to hatch a day or two early, it's not neccessarily so for all of them. Eggs don't have to be turned from day 14 on, so no harm there. Hopefully you'll start seeing something soon. Good luck.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom