When will my Fainting goat kid?

amanda223

Songster
Mar 22, 2017
This is our first year with fainting goats. I’ve been doing a ton of research on signs that my goat will be kidding soon. Posting a picture of the vulva, any seasoned goat farmers out there able to tell me approximately how long until she kids?

Attachments

• 8E16BE02-767B-4CF5-B948-56EC9F862927.jpeg
    8E16BE02-767B-4CF5-B948-56EC9F862927.jpeg
    420.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 21B40364-74FC-48F9-8D50-8AED990132E5.jpeg
    21B40364-74FC-48F9-8D50-8AED990132E5.jpeg
    613.5 KB · Views: 14
Shortly before kidding the tail bone will get very loose. Sometimes you can get your fingers right under it. The kids will drop and you can see hollows in the flank.

Shortly before kidding the tail bone will get very loose. Sometimes you can get your fingers right under it. The kids will drop and you can see hollows in the flank.
Thank you! I’ll watch for this. I was told to feel the ligaments. They were pretty firm last week but today seem almost more spread out and softer

Honestly even if you watch for it with hawk eyes, unless you've got a camera on her 24/7 you'll probably miss it 😅. I was waiting on a goat to kid once.

Around the week she was going to give birth I used to go out and check her constantly, probably every hour or so. Went out one day, checked her, fed her. She ate like a pig and I went and took a walk. Came back 40 minutes later to her just standing there with the kid already dry and running around.

She didn't even make one noise! And she already had the mess clean too. Animals are pretty amazing 😅.

Honestly even if you watch for it with hawk eyes, unless you've got a camera on her 24/7 you'll probably miss it 😅. I was waiting on a goat to kid once.

Around the week she was going to give birth I used to go out and check her constantly, probably every hour or so. Went out one day, checked her, fed her. She ate like a pig and I went and took a walk. Came back 40 minutes later to her just standing there with the kid already dry and running around.

She didn't even make one noise! And she already had the mess clean too. Animals are pretty amazing 😅.
I’m really hoping to catch it! Likely will miss it thought because I’m waiting for it 😉

Back
Top Bottom