When will my pullets lay eggs!?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickenlover98, Oct 28, 2008.

1. chickenlover98

chickenlover98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Hogwarts
    Hi! I was just wondering if you chicken experts could help me out here. When will my pullets lay? They are 22 weeks old. They are on laying mash and oyster shells. I will post pics later.

2. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

when their good and ready [​IMG] [​IMG]
    anywhere from 4 ta 6 months is the general,, some sooner,, some later ,, and seeing that its getting cold,, may take on the longer side.

3. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Mine are 23 weeks old. I have 20 pullets and I just got my first 5-egg day. So, I still have a long way to go...

Have their combs and wattles turned red and grown yet?

4. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Could be 2 weeks, could be 2 months !!! Every hen is different, just keep telling yourself soon, soon !!!!

Good luck !!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. chickenlover98

chickenlover98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Hogwarts
    Thanks! And their combs and wattles have been working their way up to red, but they're still on light red maybe pink. My cockerel's comb and wattle are as red as a rose!

-Chickenlover98.
    P.S., I don't know if you know but, I WANT EGGS!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Just-Like-Hatching

Just-Like-Hatching Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Dothan, AL
    Quote:That says it all...

7. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

We feel for ya!!! Hang in there cause they'll lay soon. [​IMG]

I've got a 6 month old who laid a little olive sized egg last month and decided it was way tooooo much work to do that again.. so she hasn't. I'm still wait'n. [​IMG] Oh and all my other gals are on strike aka moulting. 6 gals and no eggs. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by